Thursday, January 24, 2013

Apparition

I got a fairly cheap apartment. $225 a month, expenses included. I am- was- working as a clerk in the nearby records office. Bland, lifeless job, but it paid well enough.

I changed my face. Shaved the beard, dyed my hair. I'm even wearing colored contacts to change my eye color. All possible charges were dropped. They said both Crawford and Annette died in an accident involving a tornado. I don't know how the Wind covered up a gunshot... no. Not that name... well.. it doesn't matter now.

It was only five hours ago... I heard a ringing on the apartment doorbell... I looked through the peephole. I saw my eldest child Jeannie. I didn't wonder how they found me. Until too late.

I opened the door. She was just smiling there.

It was unnerving.

Then her mouth opened wide.

Immensely wide.

Wide enough to cover the area where her face should be. Then a very powerful vortex tried to suck me in... suck me into this... strange... I don't even know what.

I forget how I escaped.

Back door.

Was it?

Yeah, it was the back door.

Somehow made the way to my car. Started driving.

Any direction.

Preferrably outside of tornado alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment