Thursday, January 24, 2013

She Knew

Annette called me, telling me it was urgent.

I came back to the house. She was standing there... a cell phone in one hand and my single barrel shotgun in the other. Annette... she said she called the police. She read my blog.

While I was gone she sneaked onto the computer and took a look at my computer. She thought I was somewhere in the Dark Net, looking at the drug sites. No. She found my blog. And everything in it.

The Wind helped me silence her. The Wind conjured a twister to help me. It hurt to kill her. Annette knew about my initial problem- Annette... Annette worked at the halfway house I stayed at to recover from my addiction. She helped me take those first steps away from crank... but I didn't want to die. And the Wind promised me riches. I'm sorry, Annette. You were a victim of my foolishness... and I am so sorry I never talked about you. I thought the story should just have stayed between us. But it's over now. The Wind is not a part of my life anymore.

So the wind conjured a twister, that picked the shotgun out of her hand, dropped it in a nearby field. Then the Wind started sending the twister through Crawford's one-story ranch, turning the small, yellow eyesore into a pile of timbers flying through the air. I picked up the shotgun. And I pulled the trigger.

Next I woke up, it was somewhere fairly far from my home. I ventured 50 miles all the way to Omaha. I don't know how... maybe The Wind picked me up and dropped me in its cyclone... but I'm not ever going to talk about the Wind again... no. I'm running. I'm not letting this feeling get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment